torstai 1. maaliskuuta 2012

Battle to the Final Breath.

Hellou everybody and welcome to another episode of my exiting adventurers on the battlefield.
Here are the two armies shown on parade before game was set and forces deployed.
Skaven on top(naturally) and Orcs on below. What a fine day for a bloody battle of warhammer!


Here is the usual pic of Lonkero's river trolls. I love them so much they need close ups on every occasion possible. Just look at that fish he's holding in the middle...Incredible and probably tasty too.

Alrighty then, lets get to the bloody business. First up we have the deployment. This time we deployed as it should. We left warmachines to after normal units and my gutter runners were the last of the last as they were deployed as scouts. I tried to get near his warmachines and use my poisoned sling shots on them.
On the sides I deployed the slaves block, 50 in each. My middle was going to be the fist of fury this time. It has Abomination! Stormvermin unit with Gray Seer and BSB. Oh there were some nasty buggers called Rat Ogres too, total of 8 Rat Ogres and 4 packmaster and master moulder thrown in to the mix. Its funny how Im having actually less troops than my opponent.
     His deployment was strong line and the movers on sides in form of Giant on the right side of the picture and Goblin Wolfriders on left side. He has some shooting in form of two spear chukkas(bolt throwers) and Doom Diver, not to mention two mages and archers. His plan was once more to shoot the hell out of me before trying to chop my leftover army into tiny bits of rat vomit. Lets see how that plan turns out. We took picture of every full turn so Im trying to remember everything that happened as detail as possible. He get to go first.

TURN 1. Here we go! First full turn is made. Shooting and Magic didnt do that much. Few Stormvermin died. I moved my army up. Gutter runnes moved away from the giant and got into position where they couldnt shoot warmachines they were supposed. My cannon didnt get a shot off.  He moved only his giant on the far edge. Wolf Riders failed animousity and stood still. Nothing too exciting yet!


TURN 2. Now on this Turn we got so close to actiong it gave me a rash. He forgot to field unit of five boar boys. That was a laugh and I allowed him to field them on far edge near the giant. My cannon was impotent on this round and only killed one of those boar boys. Template hit giant also but only at strenght four and it was not enough to deepfry the boneheaded beast. Only joy of the matter was that his "artillery" was equally bad and other spear chukka had misfire that destroyed it. My gutter runners didnt rally and kept on moving towards the center. Abomination moved up and left only 1" away from his Big Uns orcs... what a rotten luck there. Spells were cast and arrows shot. He targetted my stormvermin and I casted scorch on his spear goblins. Giant was threat to my cannon so I kept the other slave block to guard it. He positioned Goblin Wolfriders in my other slaveblocks flank so I had to turn them to face it in a horde formation.


Another pic from diffrent angle.


TURN 3. Now shit really hits the fan for me. His Black Orc bunker and Big Uns charge my Abomination that was left to an ill place. After short but brutal battle he KILLS my lovely little abomination. Tears in my eyes I watch as his goblin mob charge and reach my gutter runners who failed to rally and cut them down. All didnt go so badly. I managed to get scorch of on his Wolfraiders and they failed the panic test what it causes and turn their tails and run away, only a very short distance but still. My stormvermin bunker charge the archer gobbos and break them and run them down. There is justice in this universe after all. Oh one more bad news for me. His Giant charge a very long range and kills my cannon(not shown on pic). There is a marker next to the rat ogres as the abomination might still reanimate and cause terror once more :) It did make 2 wounds on his general and thats good news. My Rat Ogres Kill his Trolls and gets into combat with(not sure how but oh well) Black Orc bunker with his general and BSB.



TURN 4. This turn the Abominations corpse(the marker upper pic) turns into three rat swarms(we used the dead trolls as the swarms as I didnt have mine along) And they are positioned perfectly guarding my flank of Rat Ogers who are having slight verbal argument with the Black Orcs. He makes bold challenge to my master bred Rat Ogre. I accept the challenge with my master moulder who has Iniative higher than his General. He suddenly turns white when he remembers that his general only has one last wound left and my master moulder has three attacks with strength four and he hits first. Sadly its not enough and not singe wound is made agaist him. This also protects his general for this turn as my rat ogres cant hit him. No worries they make short work on the unit he is in only leaving general and his BSB alive for my player turn :D He did manage kill one swarm on his turn and finish the two remaining at mine. Swarms did their work perfectly and REVENGE of the abomination is compleatly utterly sneaky and it just might costed him the game after all. 

TURN 5. He didnt manage to rally wolf riders so they kept running towards board edge. My Stormvermin Bunker turned around. Same story for the rat ogres, they got ready to be charged by two units of green filth. His Giant moved towards middle hoping to into some serious actuion once again. Also his Boar Boys got ready to charge the other Slave block near giant.

TURN 6. My Rat Ogres won agaist his two units and ran them both down. He managed to rundown my smaller slave block on left and finally rally the wolf riders. My slaveblock on the right killed boar boys. His giant and orc shaman moved towards my Stormvermin. I made another scorch spell on his wolf riders and they failed panic test and finally ran off the board. 

TURN 7. Game is over for him but for fun we still see what would of happen. His Giant gets ready to attack stormvermin bunker(whats left of it) and my Slaves and Rat Ogres rush to help.

Here are the final ramble. His Giant finally fell and here are the remaining forces(add my nearly intact slave unit to this). Before his giant fell I casted cracks call spell(he must make initiave test or die...he passed it tough) on the giant with irrisistable force(second of the game for me btw) and yet again my Gray Seer survied without wounds thanks to his 4+ ward :D Another victory for the SKAVEN! CHEERS! 

That was it folks :) I had around 700 points worth of stuff left on board and total domination. Was pretty fun game and could of tipped either way. I think turning points of the game was to him when he killed abomination and back to me when three swarms arrived :D Those gave me nice speed bump to get my act togerher and finish him of hehe. I had strong magic but it didnt really do that much. Also shooting in this game was pretty lame. His Doom Diver had only one hit same as my cannon. Both pretty useless. Other spear chukka was misfire destroyed early but the other did just fine. Obiously it wasnt enough to beat me tho! Over all good game. On rules part I think it was one of the better games we have played even tho there were few tough spots and being drunk as a monkey doesnt help :D 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti