keskiviikko 15. helmikuuta 2012

Green things were all eaten!

Yesterday was the long awaited fourth game. Game itself was played once more quite easy fashion without not much things on the field.

This is overlook of the both armies. Skaven on top and the Orcs below.





This is how we deployed. I was planning to have strong center and crush him from the sides. He had plans to hold and shoot me up before I get to him :)

Close up of his very nice freehand painted Battle Standard Bearer.


 Turn one, Skaven rush forward. My warlord on brood horror makes move to right. I was thinking there is enough meat to hold the center without it.



As the battle goes on he holds up and shoots with his chukkas, doom diver and archers. Also bit of magic. I dont have anything on long range other than the warp lighting cannon but rolling badly with it. I made charge on his wolf riders on right side and he chose to flee. On this turn I finally got my slaves to combat and he chose to stand and shoot. Most of his ranged attacks were focused on my Ratogers and their handlers.


Failing his animousity the goblins fight eachoter. Also he had 2 or 3 miscasts and failed to eat mushroom 2 times with his night goblin shaman. This was quite fun since in previous games there was no miscasts. Nothing too bad happened tho. His orc shaman detonated but since its not in unit no damage was dealt.


Here my Doomwheel uses Zappp and fries three boar riders. Orc shaman got some melee buff spell on. Nothing I was worrying about.

On this photo ive declared multiple charges around the table since im finally in range. Doomwheel does not charge but rolls forward toward the shaman and frying him with zapp before he is mutilated to pieces by the rolling doom device. My left slave block fail to charge the Big 'Uns block. Plague furnace charges to giant and archers. Ratogres(what is left of them) charge river trolls. My clanrat spear horde is too wide to charge and just takes place behind the ratogres since they are bound to die fast. Warlord on brood horror charge doom diver and victorious right slave block charge on the spear chukka.


He charges the two remaining boar boyz and the 15 big uns to my doomwheel. I break his Giant and Archers and both run and Plague Furnace clashes into his black orc bunker. On right both of his war machines are destroyed. Also he cast some vortex spell that is shown on right bottom. We kinda forgot it there for turn or two :) Eventually it flew off the board and didnt cause much harm.

To my horror he manages to break my doomwheel on the left flank and runs it down :/ He also rally his archers and giant. Goblins on right prepares to face my slaves and warlord. His biguns also turn to face my left skaven block. On center his black orcs kicked my plague monks and he made challenges what I first aswered with my unit champion and the second round with my plague priest and his warboss butchered both of them with ease. Luckily my unit is unbreakable and they will hold :)
Few rounds later game is nearing end. My plague monks and the furnace is holding on middle for still little while. He manages eventually to kill and break the monks :) On right my warlord breaks the gobbos but does not pursue. He charges and finished off the giant and then runs toward his command bunker and kills his warboss. His biguns break and chace down the left slaveblock and turns towards furnace(and destroys it eventually). My clanrat spear horde kills the remaining river trolls. 

When game ends I have my warlord(took wound or two but still fit for battle) and my spear horde mostly intact. Oh my warp lightning cannon was forgot on the right bottom but it managed to kill remaining spear chukka on his left top corner. We didnt count the victory points correctly but in the end I had over 600 points and his army was totally crushed. About in middle of the game we made discovery that he was actually using the 30 goblin archers what werent supposed to be on this list. That gave us a good laugh but even that didnt manage to tip the victory out of my furry paws :D 

All hail the hordes of the Skavenblight!(forgot to take pics of the very end since it was quite late already) It was very tough game and didnt feel easy at anypoint. Again his black orcs and his warboss were proven to be really tough nut to crack. He is currently only using 10 of them but having 20-30 feels like a horror :) In future games im going to have problems with them im afraid.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti